Grana red with violet reflections. Primary aromas are with earthy sensation, clean secondary aromas with ripe black fruit sensation. In the mouth it is fatty, meaty and very potent. Blackberry and blueberry flavors with a structure that lasts. Very noticeable tannicity in the lower lip.
Alcoholic degree: 13% vol
Production: Limited production 2000 bottles.
Grape: Mencía 100%
It is harvested in boxes of 20 kg., During the early hours of the day so that the grapes arrive fresh in the cellar. 5% of whole grapes are macerated in the cold storage (10/12 ºC), including the rest of the grapes crushed and destemmed, traced two times a day for 2-3 days. The temperature is allowed to rise and fermented at 25 ° C, allowing the temperature to rise freely when reaching the density of 1010-1020, making two daily traces. The paste is bled and pressed. It is then maintained at 18 ° C to produce the lactic fermentation. Once finished, it is racked. When the time comes, it clarifies and stabilizes.
Awards and mentions:
- Peñín 2017 Guide, 86 points.
- Gold medal in the Guide of wines, spirits and wineries of Galicia 2015 (Luís Paadín).
- Silver Medal in Catavinum Word Wine & Spirits Competition 2013.
- Distinction Gallaecia 2013; Association of Sommeliers of Galicia.
- First Prize red wine Valdeorras 2013.
Sign up and receive all our news